Saturday, June 30, 2012

Where has June gone??????

Hi everyone,

Wow haven't the last few weeks flown by!

I have been working full time for the last couple of weeks, but now have the school holidays to work on my own projects and spend some time with my family. 


My latest project isn't stitching related but just as interesting. My eldest daughter is the artist in our family and when she moved to Perth, Australia with her partner a few months ago she left her paints and things at ours. 


This was also just after her 21st and we had a photo board put together for that. And that is where my idea grew from! It seemed such a shame to put all of the photos back in the albums and frames that they came from and I liked the way that Kelsey had arranged the photos. 


I wanted a project for these holidays that was interesting, enough to challenge me without being too much and that was achievable in the time available and thought that this would fit the bill. 


After thinking about how I could display Kelsey's photos for several months, I knew that I wanted to put them onto a canvas but didnt know how or what materials I would need. So last weekend I googled it. Don't you love google and how you can get an instant answer. 


I hit pay dirt, someone has already done it and there were good photos of how she went about it and what to use. So when I went to do the groceries I purchased the materials that I would need. Canvases were on sale with 60% off - definitely a sign!


I have the boards painted already and just have to dig out some photos. Oh, did I forget to mention that I thought this was such a great idea that I would do several. 


Check back soon to see the progress! 


See you soon 
Donna-Maree

No comments: