Monday, March 04, 2013

Wow .... look what I got .....

Hi everyone,

Last week our stitching group met for the first time this year. There are a few changes taking place as the night we are meeting is changing as well as the week of the month - so instead of meeting at the end of the week at the beginning of the month, we are meeting at the beginning of the week at the end of the month. This will take some getting used to, but I am sure that we will get there.

It was lovely catching up with everyone and hearing what we had all been up to. There was quite a bit of show and tell but I was so blown away that I didn't get any photos. But look at what the girls presented me with ...



Isn't the cover on the book just lovely. I think someone knows that I really, really like blue and look at that fabric - Inthia how did you know? The stitchery is awesome too. I feel very honoured!


This book was created with information and photos of our group over the last 12 years which is how long I have been involved with these lovely ladies. It truly is an amazing record of meals we have shared, projects we have worked on, our history. It is truly a very special gift - one that I will treasure. 

We have been working really hard getting the house ready for the market and we are now there. The house is looking really good thanks to all of the good hard work that hubby has put in over the past few months, years actually. The house has been listed and hubby has gone to Tauranga to start in his new role. Our youngest daughter and I are remaining here at the moment with the cats, and things will be reassessed in due course. 

While I am still here I am attending all of the normal quilty things that I am involved in, which is rather nice and a true gift. I haven't had much time do any stitching in the past few weeks but I am intending to squeeze some stitching in during the next few weeks. I am trying to decide what I want or should work on first. There is definitely enough to choose from.

I found it interesting tidying up the house and sorting through things, especially the places that I found some things. I know that my memory isn't that great but goodness I am pretty sure I never put things where I found them. I also found some items that I had totally forgotten about. I will pull them out and share them with you in future posts.

So on that note, come back soon to see what I decide to stitch first, and what I found in my sorting out. Oh and we should be hearing about our classes for symposium soon - very exciting and I can't wait.

Until next time, happy stitching everyone.
Cheers Donna-Maree




No comments: