Monday, July 29, 2013

Wow .... Hello there

Well it is Monday of term three and I am enjoying the peace and tranquility of having the house to myself once again. I have to say that it is nice being home as I haven't been here much with several trips to Whangarei and Symposium in Taupo. The cats really appreciate me being home too.

Aren't they cute all curled up like that.

What a fantastic time we had in Taupo. I caught up with friends from Whangarei and also made new friends too. A group of us from Whangarei rented a house together which was lovely as there were always interesting things to discuss, exhibitions and lectures to share plus generally spending quality time together sharing what we love best - Quilting!


Here is a sample of the view enjoyed from where we were staying.

This is the third Symposium I have been to and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was very busy as I was lucky enough to get two x two day classes, plus I wanted to attend lectures. I love the lectures and seeing the tutors strut their stuff. Their personalities really do come through and I feel that the lectures are very good value for money. This was the first time that I have attended two day classes and I really enjoyed them. I felt that there was less pressure and the convenience of being able to leave everything in the classroom until the next day was awesome. The extra bonus was that I actually got something completed .... but more on that soon.

Cheers until next time
Donna-Maree

1 comment:

Michele Hill said...

HI Donna-Maree!! How wonderful you have a blog...well two in fact!!! Thanks for dropping by and now I have found you I look forward to sharing stories! Hugs from me xxxxx