Sunday, August 31, 2014

Results from Retreat

I am very pleased with what I got done at retreat this last weekend. 


This is everything that got completed. I know some of you might be disappointed that this is all to show for my time away, however I am thrilled. This UFO is Orange Crush a Bonnie Hunter Mystery that I started in 2011 and it has been sitting until now awaiting its turn to come out of the cupboard.


There are 20 blocks here on the left, I made the little corner units for these and put them all together this weekend. On the right are 30 of the border blocks that are required, not many to go and the units in front are for the rest. Feeling great about getting this flimsy much closer to the completion mark.

Now for anyone that hasn't been convinced about Bonnie's Leaders and Enders, check this out


These piles are what was sewn together as Leaders and Enders by my friend and myself over the weekend. They were twin units waiting to be sewn into four patches, which they are now. They aren't for anything specific at this stage, I just grabbed them as they were sitting ready it go. My girlfriend didn't have anything and was sewing onto a scrap and of course I had something better, so we shared them.

I will save my other photos for a later post, so until then - happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree





No comments: