Thursday, March 17, 2016

Autumn is here

The temperatures are settling down and the sun is slowly getting lower in the sky as we move into autumn more. I have been enjoying more time in the garden and we have been giving it a general  tidy up and reassessment. A huge trailer load of vegetation was taken to the recycle depot last weekend and seriously you can't see where it came from. Hedges have been trimmed and are looking good but I do have to plant the vegetable seedlings that are waiting ever so patiently to be put into the ground.

Last night they got the weather forecast right for a change and we had the most amazing lightening and thunder that we have experienced for a very long time. Boy was that thunder right overhead and it was extremely loud and you felt it. I have to confess that I got such a fright and I was glad it moved on and got quieter although that was when the heavy rain started although it didn't last too long.

I have been thinking of changing my sewing room over with the guest room for a little while now and I couldn't put it off any more and have been working on that this week.  I have found several things that have been hiding from me while doing this, and I can't believe how much stuff I have - I think it is multiplying when I am not looking! The bonus is that things are getting more organised and therefore it should be easier to remember where things are so they can be found. The daylight is better in the new room and it also looks down the drive to the street and onto the roses which line the drive and I am enjoying the different perspective this room offers.

View of driveway and street from my sewing room.

This room is smaller than the previous one which is going to make it interesting as I haven't finished moving everything yet and there isn't much space left. The wardrobe is much smaller too but access to it is better and you can see in it at night which is good.

The tidy corner of the sewing room so far.

found it interesting that one of the first things that I did in the new room was put things up on the walls and sort the little stereo that I have in my sewing room. What are your must haves in your sewing room? Share in comments below if you like.

Until next time, keep up the good work and happy stitching everyone.

Donna-Maree

2 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Gotta have the music!

Leeann said...

Looks good, I wish you many hours of sewing without unpicking!