Monday, November 26, 2012

Retreat ...

Wow ... what a fantastic weekend with some special friends. I took off on Friday afternoon to Auckland to meet up with a bunch of girls for a quilting weekend and boy did we have some fun.


In March of this year some of us attended a retreat at the St Francis Retreat Centre and we loved it so much that we booked this last weekend so we could repeat the experience. It is so quiet and there is a feeling of peace and tranquility at the centre, the food is exceptional and everyone has their own room, you can check it out HERE



I worked on a quilt as you go quilt project that I am making through The Apple Basket at Kaiwaka. (You can check Apple Basket out here).



Here is one of the four blocks that I made with this block design.

Here is one of four blocks I made with this block design.

I was able to attend a Monday class today at The Apple Basket with Ngaire and Teagan where I learnt to join the above two blocks together, very impressive. I spent a lovely day there working on my project and I also have to say that Teagans Chocolate Biscuits are to die for! Thank you so much Teagan for making them for us.

I am really looking forward to getting this quilt together. There is probably a little more planning earlier on than I am used to, however once you have the individual blocks sorted it comes together quite quickly.

That is it for now so until next time - happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree



No comments: