Thursday, April 03, 2014

Orphan blocks getting sorted...


I do not know where I got these orphan blocks but when I was tidying up the other day I found them and instantly knew what I wanted to do with them. Five of them were joined together with the background blocks that you can see on the left hand side. I unpicked these last night watching tv and I didn't think of taking a photo to show you a before shot. 



However for some reason I thought that there were ten blocks so you can imagine my surprise this morning when I counted them out and there were only nine.



This is how I am wanting to set them with tramming and four patches in between - this is destined to be a central table runner for the dining table. They need the tramming as they are not all created equal and some fudging will be needing to happen. So I guess another square needs to be created - even though the fabrics will be totally different to the other blocks I think they will be okay and I will put the block in the middle so it doesn't stand out too much. Thank goodness for Bonnie Hunter and her sensible attitude about scraps that rubs off on many of us.

Come back soon to see how this project has got on...

Happy stitching everyone and please leave a comment if you have time.

Donna-Maree

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Wow 2 posts in a day! On a roll girl :)

Donna-Maree said...

Absolutely Leeann. Just watch this space girlfriend.