Saturday, May 07, 2016

Update for April 2016

Wow, April is done and dusted and May is under way. I thought I would just have a recap on what I achieved in April as my focus this year is on being productive and moving some projects along.

The final block for Home Coming Lane was completed which felt absolutely amazing. These blocks are a combination of piecing and Applique and even though there are only four blocks, there is a lot of work in each of them. Having these finally completed is definitely an achievement in my book. They are half quilted but have been put aside for some other things to be worked on.


The Home Coming Lane blocks being quilted

The hexies are coming along and my little side projects are nearly complete. Two little hexie bags, one for me and one for a friend although there just might be a few more of these in my future as they are so easy and fun to do.


These just need the tops sorted and linings fixed in. The one of the left is having a hexie lining and the one on the right is having a round one piece fabric lining. Will post photo when completed.

At club we had a UFO weekend and that was incredibly productive for me with quite a few 'quilt as you go' 'string' blocks made. Once home I continued with making these blocks and before I knew it a quilt was completed. All that is left to do now is a label and to gift it to the recipient.


I quite like the blue grey traming on this and I think it has come out well.

Overall I am very pleased with what I achieved in April and am looking forward to achieving more in May. There is going to be no let up this year, 2016 is a very busy year indeed.

Just before I sign off, this weekend is the Great New Zealand Quilt Show in Rotorua by Aotearoa Quilters which is the main guild here in New Zealand. Rotorua is about an hours drive from Tauranga and there are a few car loads going from Tauranga this morning and I can't wait to see all of the quilts hanging in this exhibition. One of the displays is the Sewezi Flight Challenge quilts and it will be awesome seeing these quilts hanging together. Two quilts were chosen in the selection process from five for our region to get through for this exhibition. I will have more on all of that later in the next post as I have to get moving to be ready on time.

Until next time, happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree






No comments: