Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Strings are moving along

There was no sewing over the weekend as we were too busy with family visiting, which was nice to spend quality time with them over the ANZAC weekend. 

I received a lot of comments on my poppy for ANZAC Day which I made it last year and have been wearing lately.


Sunday saw drizzle turn to rain but before it did we managed to get in a visit to Memorial Park for a look around. I am always impressed with this fountain, it is pretty big and children play in it during the heat of the summer. While we were there a Great Dane stood and drank out of it, the smaller dog that was with the Great Dane didn't stand a chance of getting a drink.


Friday saw all of the blocks completed for the string quilt but I didn't get a chance to start sewing them together until yesterday and here is my progress.


I just have two seams to attach the traming over and the binding can go on and then this quilt is done. 
What a fantastic feeling it is getting close to a completion. Catch you later as I have some stitching to do.

Happy stitching everyone
Donna-Maree









No comments: