Wednesday, January 04, 2017

January 2017

Well here we are in January 2017, the Christmas things have been taken down, packed away and put back into the ceiling space. I had sorted my 2017 diary months ago so that was all sorted and ready to go. Yesterday morning I sat and looked at my UFO list from 2016 and noted any changes and then I made a new list for 2017. 

Since then I have become aware that All People Quilt have a 2017 UFO Challenge going on where you write up a list of 12 UFO's and work on them one a month and either complete it or at least get some progress on each UFO. I pondered this briefly and decided, Why not! I will document my progress here as I go. This month we are working on item number 6. When I wrote up my list, I put as number 6 the project that I have to get done this month as I have a deadline.

Yesterday I ironed my fabric and now I need to start working out exactly what I am going to do. This quilt is for a special person and will be a gift. This quilt will be a quilt as you go quilt, probably in four sections.
Some of the fabrics I'm using.

Our books for Symposium arrived just before Christmas and I have had a quick look through but need to have a more in depth perusal. There is quite a group of us going from Tauranga here and we are having a get together later in the month to check out what we are all doing etc before we do our final selections.

We went out for a walk around Mount Maunganui this afternoon and a cruise ship was visiting.


It was very windy especially on the harbour side of the Mount.


The views are quite spectacular from the walkway.

Okay I have some ideas to spin around, so until next time, happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree


No comments: