Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Rust dyeing results

One of the last posts I wrote (a while ago now) was on rust dyeing that a group of us did. A challenge was set for everyone to produce a 12" by 12" square utilising the rust fabric in some way. Last week we had our reveal and we had some surprising results.

I haven't quite completed mine but managed to get the top complete. I have been enjoying playing around with improvised piecing and here is the result...


Here is Sandra's...


Sandra used a soldiering iron to create the holes in this piece.

Here is Robyn's...


Here is Toni's



And here is Dorothy's...


I enjoyed the rust dyeing and the resulting patterns on fabric, however stitching over the more heavily rusted areas can be a challenge as the sewing machine doesn't like it much. However it was something that I wanted to give a go and now I have and was inspired to create something using the results instead of the fabric just sitting in a cupboard, so thank you girls for sharing the experience with me.

Until next time, happy stitching everyone
Donna-Maree







No comments: