Friday, September 07, 2012

Friday already ...

Well what a week and Friday is here already. 

Today I was up at Barge Park here in Whangarei, where the regional primary-intermediate schools cross country was held. The weather was co-operative and our students ran hard and they did well.

Following that I called into The Country Yard, one of the local quilt shops which is at Maungatapere (just along the road from Barge Park really). I caught up with Kerryn and Raewyn and had a look at the lovely things they have in the shop. Check them out online here if you cant get along to their shop.


Here are some stitching goodies that I purchased today, I haven't really done stitcheries before so I will keep you posted on my progress.

Here are the fabrics for 'Home Coming Lane' which is a BOM that I have just signed up for. I will have the pattern soon so I can start this - I will keep you posted about my progress with this as well.

After all of this I decided to carry on out and visit my absolute most favourite beach Ruakaka.

Looking to the right towards Uretiti and Waipu.

Looking to the left towards the harbour, and Mount Manaia.

Here are some shells that I collected but decided that they needed to stay at the beach. I had appreciated their beauty as I collected them and took a photo and was able to walk back down the beach.

Walking down the beach I found a creation that someone had taken some time to put together, quite impressive I thought. Those white things are shells that someone has carefully placed on the branches.

I have club day tomorrow, so might have some more to comment on after that. We are having a celebration with a shared lunch and I am looking forward to it.

Happy stitching everyone
Donna-Maree



No comments: