Tuesday, September 18, 2012

25 Years on and still going...

Our local club The 'Whangarei Patchworker and Quilters Club' had their 25th  Anniversary this month and we had a lovely day which included a shared lunch, a few bubbles and cake.
The cake being cut by Relda and Gaye (our eldest and youngest club members present) with our President Jocelyn on the left. 
The image on the cake is our club emblem.



Spring is definitely showing its arrival with new growth on a lot of plants, some sunshine and warmer temperatures. I am pleased to see more sunshine than we have seen for a while, it always makes me smile. There has been quite a bit of illness this winter, not in our household but in our community. My mother is sick for the second time in a short space of time and isn't sounding too good. She is visiting the doctor this morning so will hear all about that in due course.

We have created what we are calling 'the mother list' which is a list of things that need attention or finishing. Having had ongoing renovations we are wanting our weekends back and to not have the 'to do' list hanging over our heads all of the time. Everyone has contributed to the list and has come on board with it, so that is promising.

I have done some of the stitchery but need to pick up some more cottons, funny isn't it how you think you have enough colours only to find out that you don't have the colours that are needed or that there isn't enough of the popular colours. So some enforced shopping will happen today, then I will have to do the grocery shopping as the cupboards are nearly bare. 
Isn't it cute, I have really enjoyed this so far, just have to get the cottons to complete it!
      

I have a UFO day this Saturday through the club and I am trying to work out what to work on, it is not like a don't have a choice, it might just end up being what is going to be the easiest to take with me. I will let you know how I get on and what I end up working on.

Happy stitching everyone
Donna-Maree

No comments: