Saturday, September 01, 2012

Hello to Spring

Well hello everyone,

August has gone and September has arrived. The mornings are getting lighter earlier and the evenings are beginning to stay lighter longer. We had our daughters last soccer game for the season today and while we have enjoyed it, it will be nice to move onto other pursuits on Saturday mornings. The birds are definitely more active and vocal which is lovely to hear. I am enjoying working but really appreciate my time at home more now as a result.

The beginning of August saw our local club exhibition which was great. It was awesome on the opening night seeing all of the quilts for the first time, all hung and looking gorgeous. We really are a talented group, well actually I can't speak for myself as I didn't have anything in the exhibition having spent the last three years studying. But the other ladies are absolutely awesome and I was blown away with their entries. Here are some photos of the exhibition:





There really was a huge selection of quilts to cater for most peoples taste or style.
These are the raffle quilts: aren't they gorgeous.
First prize:

Second prize:

Third prize:

This quilt was made by my friend Leeann: Remember you're a Kiwi. 

I have spent Friday afternoons for the past five weeks at the local school taking an electives group making cushions. Seeing the confidence and skills grow in the girls as the weeks have gone on is truly inspiring. None of the girls had used a sewing machine before and they were quite apprehensive about using them. I have seen benefits in other students from the choices that they have made and the things that they have participated in as well. I certainly wish that we had had these opportunities back when I was at school.

I spent some time in the vegetable garden yesterday tidying and taking stock so that I can do some planning about what seedlings I want to raise for this next growing season. I find this time of year exciting with the promise of summer even if eventually and the thoughts of summer produce and activities is always motivating.

Have an awesome day everyone.
Donna-Maree



No comments: