Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Four Patches


I have been making units to top up the ones that my friend gifted me for Easy Street and I made these four patches yesterday. This morning I have pressed and snipped them while counting out as I go. Alas some of my nesting wasn't as good as it should be and the above photo is my pile of rejects. 

When making four patches I don't pin preferring to nest them, however clearly I didn't nest some very well. I suspect these were some of the early ones I did and I could feel they weren't nested properly and I changed the way that I thread them through the machine and that helped heaps.
How fussy are you when it comes to your four patches? Let me know in the comments section below.

Donna-Maree

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

I am! Have your tried the Magic four patch technique? I have a tutorial on my blog:
http://razzledazzlequilter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/magic-four-patch-tutorial.html
By the way, I found your blog via your Whangarei friend Leanne. I'll be following you now! I am a BOP girl, I lived in Kati Kati all my school years and then Tauranga for a few years.