Friday, September 05, 2014

Oops ....

I am converting to webbing my blocks together like Bonne Hunter does and this is why...


The turquoise block pieces on the right are correct the ones on the left aren't. Somehow I always seem to turn my blocks if I just pick up the block units and sew them. 

Using Bonnies system, I find I have much less unpicking. Last night I was thinking about something else when I was sewing and wasn't paying enough attention and so today I have some reverse sewing to do before I can move on. I will definitely be using the webbing system to complete the rest of the blocks.

I'm off to do some unpicking and resew these units. Although I am currently working on another quilt (the one I took to retreat last weekend) I was gifted these units for Easy Street from a friend and I thought that I would just make one of each block to see what I think of them.

Happy stitching everyone, until next time 
Donna-Maree

1 comment:

Leeann said...

Bugger! Oh well the seam ripper will put it right.