Wednesday, September 16, 2015

One down and one to go

We have the Tauranga Patchwork and Quilters Exhibition this weekend and I will have three entries displayed. 

The first one is the club challenge which has been judged but results won't be known until Friday morning when the results get pinned beside the entries just before the show opens at 10 o'clock. There will be quite a few people there on Friday morning anxious to see how their entries got on.

I have given myself this week to complete my two other entries and for tasks associated to the show. Then I decided that because I had allocated this time for a specific purpose that I couldn't waste this time and get caught up on doing things other than what it was intended for and that I was going to make myself accountable for this time, so that is what I have done.

Yesterday I completed entry number one that needed completing. All it required was some trimming, binding to be attached and sewn down. I methodically worked through the processes yesterday, stopping when required to check online as to the correct way to apply binding - it is so long since I have attached one that I had forgotten what to do at corners and needed a refresher.


The show is containing some ANZAC quilts and I was asked to include this wall hanging which I made as my recognition of the 100 years commemoration of Gallipoli for ANZAC Day. I plan to hang this wallhanging in our home for ANZAC Day in future years.

The other entry is another wallhanging and is still a work in progress and hand in day is tomorrow. Will I make it, will I get it completed? Check back to see what progress I make.

See you then, 
Donna-Maree

No comments: