Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Wow, having fun

Just a quick post as I need to hit the road shortly, but couldn't wait to tell you about my new cutting ruler from Fiskars. It is seriously cool.


With my fabrics already folded the way I need them for cutting, I just quickly grabbed some last night from the drawer and sliced through them effortlessly. Talk about quick, it made short work of the whole cutting session. Turning the ruler I could straighten the left hand edge and then turn the ruler back around to the other side for cutting the strips, no having to spin the cutting mat. 

Seriously I cut these strips super quickly. The cutting is super easy too, you just push down on the orange knob until it engages and slide it along the ruler.

This ruler with cutter is definitely going to be making a difference in my cutting, especially as I have been having a few issues with my wrists and I should be able to cut more volume in my cutting sessions from now on, meaning I will be more productive. I do believe in working smarter not necessarily harder.

I did see this ruler at the Bernina stand at our exhibition and originally purchased the longer one, but after watching the video the other night and refolding my fabrics I knew that this ruler would be better value for me than the longer one which isn't quite as wide.

These are going to be very popular and I did see several of these walking out the door at the exhibition. 

Let me know what you think of yours, if you have one. 

At the exhibition I realised that we have two other bloggers in our club - you might want to check out their blogs too - Alison andTina

The next time, happy stitching everyone
Donna-Maree




No comments: