Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Bits and pieces for July

Quilters really are the most amazing people, they are sharers. They love good food and don't hesitate to share recipes when someone compliments them on their food. Recently I acquired a recipe for ANZAC biscuits which is different to the one I normally use and I have made them several times just lately which included a double batch to take to Whangarei with us this last weekend when we visited the girls. Scarlett, our granddaughter just loved them as I had put raisins in them.

ANZAC biscuits with raisins 

Last weekend our youngest daughter Georgia had her school ball and she was totally over the moon when it was announced that she was the Queen of the ball! Here she is with Trae who was chosen as King of the Ball.

Georgia and Trae


I have been reorganising my sewing room and it is working much better, however I do still have some more to do in there before it is presentable to the world. I am really enjoying spending time in there and will often just wonder in and then think that I will just squeeze in some more stitching. As a result of this the quilting on Home Coming Lane is coming along very well and the end is indeed in sight. I can't wait to get this quilt up on the wall and I am working exclusively on this quilt at the moment, which is unusual for me. I am quilting it in four sections and when the quilting on all four sections is complete I will show how I intend to put it together.

Home Coming Lane under the needle

The two gridlock quilts - the blue one and the purple and green one are about to begin their journey to their owners. Both of the quilts are gifts for my nieces in Australia and although they are the same pattern the quilts look totally different due to the colours used and the placement of the colours. I really loved making these quilts and I am sure that the girls will love these quilts as much as I do. I love blue and put in some of my very special fabrics into the blue quilt. I adore purple especially with pink and love how this quilt turned out especially with the green. I will miss these quilts.




Both quilts have 36 different fabrics, however the blue has the constant fabric in the t's where the purple quilt has different greens which gives it a completely different look.

My machine is calling me, so until next time - happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree





No comments: