Tuesday, July 05, 2016

June Update

Wow, I can't believe that we are in to July already. Hubby and I went away over the weekend and there were serious frosts throughout much of the country and we had -2 degree in Coromandel where we were staying, it was very cold and a shock to system as the temperatures have been extremely mild especially as the shortest day has indeed passed. There will be more on our road trip in an up coming post, so check back to read all about that.

Tonight at club we have the second Top 5 show and tell for the year and I am really disappointed that I still haven't completed anything for this. I didn't think that I had achieved a lot in June until I made a list while getting ready to compile this post. On reflection I haven't done too bad at all, however none of it is for the Top 5.

This is what I have accomplished for June, I have completed the purple and green quilt - yay. I will do the label and wash it today so it is ready to go to Australia.

Purple and green quilt

I completed some blocks and then assembled two quilt tops for gifting as goodwill or charity quilts. I have also sorted through several projects that have been gifted for completion for more goodwill quilts.

Goodwill quilt top

Waste not, want not quilt top still waiting for borders
The Presidents Challenge has been handed in this month and wow what a fantastic collection of creativity we have in our club, I am so glad that I am not judging these. We have 14 entries out of 21 indications of interest and these have all gone off to the judge and all will be revealed later this month.

We had the two day Rosemary Rush class and what a fantastic class that was. All completed versions of these quilts will be displayed at our open weekend in October, more information on that will be posted here closer to the time.

I have also got a lot of tracing and organising done for another project that I have committed to this year and although the progress there is a bit slow right now, what I have done will speed up the progress on this as other projects get completed.

Bearing in mind that I have been sick throughout June and two lots of antibiotics have helped but haven't cured my ills, I don't think I have done too bad for June.

The other thing that I have done is change the direction that I was going with my hexie project. I had originally thought that I would do The Insanity Quilt and while I really like that pattern still I have decided to travel down a different path. Using what hexies I had done already for the insanity quilt I have added to them and this is my progress so far.

Hexie tranformation
All in all I am happy with June and I just hope that July can be just as productive. It is an amazing feeling completing projects and seeing the result. I feel very blessed to have a passion that helps me create beautiful works of art, are stitched with love and keep our loved ones warm and cozy. Soul food for sure.

Until next time everyone, happy stitching.
Donna-Maree




No comments: