Saturday, April 21, 2012

School holidays at an end...

It is Saturday already, where did the week go?

Term two begins on Monday and our youngest daughter and my husband go back to school and work and the house will be quiet once again. Actually it won't be, the builders returned on Thursday after a long absence and I tried really hard to embrace the noise, but I am struggling.

I didn't get any sewing done this week much to my disappointment. I did start some knitting last night though. On our way to the retreat a few weeks ago we called into a few quilting shops. One of them had an interesting wool shop next door that we couldn't resist visiting. While there I ordered some wool, actually it isn't wool at all but is 70% kid mohair and 30% silk. Just inside the door they had a sample of the most beautiful scarf I have ever seen, so I decided that I deserved one of these. Due to the multi colouring of the yarn I thought that I would get a lot of use out of it as it would go with a lot of things. The yarn is so fine and it is knitting up nicely and won't be big and bulky.
Here is what I have knitted so far, I wonder how long it will take me to get it done. There is motor racing from Hamilton on tv this weekend, so I imagine I will get quite a bit done.
Soccer started for our youngest daughter for the 2012 season today. I found it hard getting out of bed to get to the Farmers Market before getting to soccer. I didn't manage it, so we dropped Georgia off for the warmups while we went to the market and we returned just in time to see her game. This is a new team and club for Georgia this season, lots of changes. The first half was a little hairy but they improved immensely in the second half and won the game 5 nil with some awesome play. I think we are in for an interesting season this winter.

Talking about winter, I am not looking forward to the cooler temperatures. The last few evenings have been several degrees cooler than what we have been used to. I have put an extra blanket on my side of the bed as I feel the cold more than hubby does. I think I will be grateful for my new scarf before too long.

Anyway that is all for now, until next time, happy stitching and thanks for visiting.
Cheers Donna-Maree

No comments: