Friday, April 27, 2012

Useful sleeves...

I thought that I would share these with you. These are probably the only things that I completed during the three years that I was studying.


I made this computer sleeve for my hubby for Father's Day and I used some of the ties that he doesn't wear anymore but just couldn't throw away. It is really nice seeing him use it whenever he brings his laptop home. It also goes a little way to saying thank you for all of the support that he has given me throughout my studying. This sleeve also meant that he could carry his laptop in his briefcase instead of in a separate computer bag, which made life much easier for him to and from the office everyday.



This little sleeve I made for my external hard drive and I made this for several reasons. I took my hard drive with me to Uni every day and I was concerned with it getting knocked around. The bright colours also made it easy to see in my bag and instantly recognisable, and I knew that nobody else would have one like it!

I just need to make one for my ereader now. Somehow nearly everything in my handbag is black including the lining of my handbag - don't have any idea how that happened, as I didn't set out to have everything in black. This makes it very hard to find things when you are searching in the depths of your bag.
Funnily enough I am a visual person and like things colour coded, so if things in my handbag have different colours, I will know instantly what they are. Anyway watch this space for the completed ereader sleeve.

I used the stitch and flip technique with both of these sleeves and have also taught my mother and my sister to make usefull sleeves for their items using this technique. My mother has sewn all of her life but isn't a quilter, my sister hasn't sewn a lot of things but has always owned a machine. They both really enjoyed the session and found it very easy - the hardest part was putting the binding on the edges. It also pays to remember to attach the velcro before sewing the sleeve together.

Anyway that is all for now so until next time
Donna-Maree

No comments: