Friday, April 13, 2012

Stitching group with the girls ...


Last night was stitching group night, we meet once a month on the second Thursday of the month. I was really looking forward to last night as for a change I had some show and tell!


I haven't achieved much stitching in the last three years due to making a commitment to study. However, I have been stitching whenever I can since then and I have something to show for my effort.


So here is my progress so far:



This is my version of the Log Cabin Quilt from Quilt along with Emilie Richards - Lover's Knot Book 7. 
I had completed the top at some stage last year, but finally made a decision about the border and added it last week. It is now however waiting to be quilted.


I saw the pattern to this quilt on the front of a magazine and liked it immediately. I made this quilt using 2 Jelly Rolls plus extra lights and are quite pleased with it, another waiting for quilting.


I took this quilt last night for some advice on borders. This is Bonnie Hunter's pattern Pineapple Blossom, isn't it great. http://quiltville.blogspot.co.nz/2005/06/pineapple-blossom.html


This one is another Bonnie Hunter pattern, Weed Wacker which you can find here: 
http://quiltville.blogspot.co.nz/2005/06/weed-whacker.html
This one is waiting for borders and was another one that we discussed the border options on last night.


These are my Barrister Blocks that I have completed so far.  I read about Randy and these blocks on Bonnie Hunter's blog and couldn't resist making a few myself. I do need to catch up though as I am way behind.



The first block is Jacob's Ladder and the second one is Bears Paw and are the first two blocks that we are doing in the stitching group this year. Each person in the group got to choose one block each. The maker can use whatever colours and size that they like, they can also make more than one of each block - the choice is theirs. These are my blocks. The Bear's Paw will have tramming around it. The next block is a house block - this can be pieced or appliqued. The block after that is a star block - any kind, again your choice.
So watch this space to see what I do for those. I keep changing my mind with the house block ...


Cheers
Donna-Maree

No comments: