Saturday, October 13, 2012

Girls Break Away!

The black dots you can see on the sand bank are people who are sand surfing!

Looking out towards the head waters and the bar, such a beautiful day!

Not the usual bird of paradise plant, these flowers are awesome.

Here is Leeann taking a photo of me taking a photo of her. 

This is where we stayed, awesome setup and very quiet.

Here is block one of Home Coming Lane. This is when I laid them out on the table to decide where everything was to go.

This is what I had achieved by the end of our sewing session. Everything that can be sewn together has been. I just have the appliques to do on the empty blocks now.

Here is the layout for Block Two. Everything that can be has been sewn already, so just waiting for the applique blocks to be done - no pressure.

This is what it is going to look like when it is completed. This one belongs to another friend and I liked it so much that I thought that I would participate as well, I can't wait to get mine completed.
Fiona put the borders onto this quilt for her son, as you can see he loves surfing.

Here is a close up showing the awesome fabrics and Fiona's cool flying geese made with triangles - don't they look good.

This was Fiona's other completion for our sewing session. Fiona was working on this quilt at our retreat in March and it was fantastic seeing this quilt come together. This quilt is going to be a gift and I am sure the lucky person will be rapt with it, I know I would be.

This was Leeann's first completion, isn't this amazing. I am so impressed with this quilt. I know that this quilt is made from special fabrics that were a gift to Leeann and is therefore more precious to her.

This is Leeann's second completion and she made this in one day - impressive. This was a kit that Leeann purchased from Itch to Stitch Bernina here in Whangarei. Check out the vehicles - they are all New Zealand versions which makes it even more special. I am sure that any boy would love to snuggle up with this special quilt.

I had a fantastic time away with my friends and we laughed and sewed our hearts out. We walked at least once every day along the waterfront and on the beach with our special friend Lily (Fiona's canine friend). If you look closely at the photo of the bach you can see Leeann patting her. You can check out Leeann's blog for a photo of Lily and Leeann's photos of our time away Here. Opononi has always been a special place to me and getting the opportunity to spend some time there with special friends makes it even more special. Thanks Fiona for giving us the opporunity and thanks to Leeann and Lily for helping make it so special.

Until next time - happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree





No comments: