Thursday, October 25, 2012

Town Basin, Whangarei ...

Hi everyone 

We all live where we do and drive by everything on a daily basis without a thought sometimes as to what makes our town or city special. So I thought that I would share some photos that I have of Whangarei so that you get to know some of the special things here.

The Town Basin is down where the Hatea River joins the harbour and it is a favourite tourist spot as well as being a great place to meet your friends for a spot of lunch.

Here is the Town Basin looking from Riverside.

Just looking further along.

I have turned around and this is Mt Parihaka

Children's playground at Town Basin

This is the side of the clock museum and the kiosk.

This major sundial is in front of the clock museum.

The front of the clock museum.

Sundial again - different view.

Children's playground in the wintertime as there is no shade cloth and everyone is in long trousers.

There is a neat walk from the Town Basin and this is as the end of it. The Waka and the Wave.


View from afar.
Close up of the wave.

Close up of the waka (boat).

There are a variety of shops and restaurants down here as well, however I didn't photograph those.

I hope that you have enjoyed looking at these photos. Next time I am out and about I will collect a few more!
Until next time - happy stitching everyone.

Donna-Maree

No comments: