Sunday, December 30, 2012

Just a quick update ...

Hi everyone,

I hope that you have all survived Christmas. I find this time between Christmas and New Year an unusual time, a kind of no mans land - where time doesn't seem to belong to either year. 

This year it is even more a little unusual as we are working hard getting the property ready to go on the market. There is a bitter sweet feeling about getting things completed that have been hanging around for a while. It is awesome seeing them finished, but sad in that we know we won't be around long to enjoy them. We are having a quieter day today, as yesterday was sooo hot and unfortunately I have a headache which I can't seem to get rid of - dehydration I am pretty sure.


The tree and decorations have been packed away earlier than usual this year, so that we could get the lounge back to normal ready for house showing. The tree looked particularly pretty this year with the white and gold colour scheme that the girls chose.

Here is a photo of my great-nephew as he was being taken home from the hospital the other day. Although he was born three weeks early, he is doing very well and isn't he just gorgeous. His parents and grandmother are going to visit Whangarei next week and we can't wait to have snuggles with this little guy.

Here is the photo of my mothers house again as I wanted to tell you all how she had done in the competition this year. Mum has decorated her house for Christmas every year since moving to Whangarei five years ago, and this year decided that she would join the official list of properties to visit. As a participant she was invited to attend the official announcement where the winner is announced. It was with much surprise that she learned that she took away third prize! This is no small feat as it takes mum a long time to put up all of the decorations and it is entirely her work and design. Well done Mum!

I haven't done any sewing so far apart from a little bit of hand sewing, however I have not done enough to show you yet. I also need to put some more work into sorting out my sewing area. I will give you an update of everything very soon - both, the organised sewing area and projects on the go.

Until then - happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree




No comments: