Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The days are flicking past ...

Things have definitely been moving along with lightening speed.
We have had most of the Christmas related social events now, which have been very enjoyable and a little bitter sweet knowing that we wont be here next year.

We are now on the slippery slope to Christmas. This weekend sees our eldest daughter and partner arriving from Perth for three weeks. It will be awesome having them in the same country, even if it is for a few weeks and that we have to share them with Jay's family and their joint friends.

My mum really gets into Christmas and decorates her house with a fantastic lighting display. I admire her efforts especially as it takes her quite a while to get everything set up. I also know that this year she put things up only to take them down several days later and change her grand design and redo it all. This is the first year that she has entered the local light competition - the results aren't known yet. However I do know that there are many, many cars that stop at her place to admire the lights.



Last week we made a very quick trip down to Tauranga to look at possible high schools for our youngest daughter. I managed to take these photos through the gorge coming home. I have never taken photos from a moving vehicle before and was impressed with how well they came out.







We stopped at Paeroa on our way home for a pit stop and I took advantage of the opportunity to stretch my legs and have a look around. Everyone in New Zealand should recognise this photo.



What I didn't know was some of the history - I thought these were an interesting way of displaying that.






Each one of these round things had the information on the top.

I thought this rubbish bin looking like a lemon was cool!

We took presents down for the family when we went down to Tauranga as we are having Christmas here this year, it will be our last Christmas here before all of the changes next year. This way Kelsey and Jay can share Christmas Day with both families. Back to the presents - I created photo collage canvases for gifts and hope that the special people they are for enjoy them. I really enjoy making these and experience a trip down memory lane each time I create one. There are no photos as I forgot to take them before they were wrapped up and delivered.
We stopped here for a break on the way down. Awesome food and they even have wifi!

Anyway, this is all for now, although I know that I have enough to tell for another post - so check back soon.
Until then - happy stitching everyone!
Donna-Maree



No comments: