Saturday, August 03, 2013

Class Two - Taupo Symposium 2013

The second two day class I did, was again with Michele Hill (wasn't I really lucky) - Tile Play in Fabric.

I love Mediterranean colours and therefore used colours very similar to Michele's sample but could see how other colours would work for different applications. 

Here are the colours I chose to use.

I found the fact that I had already done a class with Michele an advantage as once we got through introductions and initial instructions I could work at my own pace with the knowledge of machine appliqué techniques I had already gained from Michele in the previous class.

I am really thrilled with the fact that I got all of the machine stitching on my tile block done by the end of the class. I have never ever achieved this much in a class before. Seeing everyone's tiles at the end of the class was great. The variety of colours used and background fabrics was interesting and it was lovely seeing more contemporary colours being used. 


My completed tile block.



Class photo of us all.

Michele gave us a quick mini class on creating our own designs and this is definitely an area that I would like to do more exploration in and I have some ideas already. Michele has definitely inspired me to give it a go.

Watch this space!

Cheers
Donna-Maree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice.
phoenix