Thursday, August 22, 2013

Stitchery update...



I have traced all of the stitcheries needed for the project that I am doing and I have stabilised them all on the back by tacking the stabiliser on. I have chipped away at these when I have had time and it has served as a reminder to me of how much you can get done with a plan and a simple goal.

I never worked like this in the past as I would start a project and continue until it was completed or ended up in the UFO pile. I have been doing some more sorting and have realised just how many things I have in that UFO or WIP pile and I need to get this sorted!

I think I need to take my simple plan and goal idea and apply it to the very large pile of things waiting for my attention. So my goal for this week is to sort a plan ... of how I am going to achieve this. 

I do think that I have subconsciously been pondering on this. Yesterday I collected all of the batting that was in various places around the house and centralised their location. I do have a very bad memory which my family will testify to and I can never remember where I have put things i.e. it took 18 months to find the spare key to the car because I put it in a safe place! Remembering where the safe place was did become the more immediate problem.

So I am ahead in that I have realised that to keep track of things that I need systems - hence the centralising of the like things together. I have now realised that I will NOT need to purchase any batting for some time to come!

Not only have I filled a very large suitcase with batting with a very large piece left over, but I had already organised previously most of the flimsy's together with their backing, batting and binding and they are also labelled ready to be quilted.

So what I need right now ... is to start on that plan.

Until next time, happy stitching everyone. 


2 comments:

Leeann said...

I've got an indexed notebook with all my craft stuff locations in it. Only problem is finding the notebook and updating it when I move things! So not as great an idea as I thought it would be when I made it.

Donna-Maree said...

That is a good idea though, definitely something to think about.