Thursday, October 22, 2015

Getting organised - yet again

Yes I find myself doing this again and again - getting organised, re-prioritising my projects and along the way I often find things, projects or components that I had forgotten about.


Here are two bags of the same thing! The bag on the left are 4-patches that were sewn as leader and Enders at retreat a year or two ago. The bag on the right is the one that I keep in my strip drawer and there are already 300 4-patches in there!

I found these when I was sorting another project, my Bonnie Hunter Orange Crush Mystery quilt. The interesting thing is all of the blocks are made - I completed these on the retreat I talked about earlier and just have the setting triangles and pieced border to sort. 

I am further along on this project than I remembered and seriously it isn't going to take too much to get this one to the completion line, music to my ears.


Completed components - looking good.

This week I have compiled an honest list of my projects and yes I knew I had a few but seriously I have been blown away by just how many I do have. However, taking stock of the issue is the first step. From this list I am going to choose five projects that have the highest priority and I am going to work on these projects until they are done! 

Yes, you have read it here and now I have put it out there in print, I am accountable.

As I complete these projects and they get crossed off the 'Top Five' list, other projects will be promoted to the top five list and they will have their turn to shine. My objective with this system is to overcome the pressure that is stalling me from working on anything because I can't decide what to work on first as there are so many. Check back and see if I am on task and which project I am going to tackle first.

Until then, happy stitching everyone
Donna-Maree



2 comments:

Lynda said...

Yes you are right...it is in print, and we will hold you to completing these UFOS!
Lynda

Donna-Maree said...

Thanks Lynda, I knew I could count on you girls.