Friday, October 16, 2015

The hexie bug has hit!

More and more people are sewing hexies at club - I have heard the phrase 'insanity quilt' mentioned a few times too. Not sure if I will go that far, but I do have several hexie projects on the go at the moment.

This one is supposed to be just a quick little project to fit in amongst everything else. I thought it would be a good little project to have for when I need hand work, like at club meetings. This project has somehow become the main project at the moment and has superseded everything else!



3/4 inch hexies - the beginning


Ready for the next step

These beauties are going to be appliquéd onto a square which will be part of a pillow.

This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern 'A little bit hexie' which is a kit that Bonnie has put together for her Peru cruise participants, but she has made the pattern available free through her website. You can check it out here.

I really like the pattern and I don't need a wallhanging but could do with some new cushion covers. Nearly there, just have to sort the background fabric and the hourglass fabrics and then just put it all together and it will be nearly done.

Please do check back to see my progress.
Happy stitching
Donna-Maree







No comments: