Monday, June 27, 2016

Purple and green quilt nearly done

We had typical winter weather this weekend with frequent showers. We did get to the Farmers Market on Saturday but there were definitely fewer people about and you had to have an umbrella. Sunday there were bursts of sunshine for which I am always grateful for.

The weekend saw some progress on the purple and green gridlock quilt. The quilting isn't perfect but it is done. Interesting how the quilting is always better near the end of the quilt compared to the beginning. Today should see some tidying up and the binding going on.

Nearly done.

Quilting in progress.

It will be so good to get this quilt done and ready to go to Australia. Deadlines can be a good thing especially when you are slotting extra projects in. I am looking forward to getting back to what I should be working on though, the pile has been growing while working on these gridlocks. 

The next show and share for the Top 5 is next week which will be the second one for the year and so far I have had nothing on my list completed. I had been working on them until I made the decision to make these gridlock quilts. Both of the ones that I have been working on need the quilting to be completed. I will try hard to get one as close to completion as I can by the club meeting next week.

My sewing machine is calling, I have some stitching to do. Until next time, happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Your quilting is looking great.

Donna-Maree said...

Thanks Leeann, I am really pleased with it and it is going to be very hard to part with it.