Sunday, December 20, 2015

All things Christmas

As much as Christmas brings all its own hustle and bustle, for those of us living in New Zealand it also brings our summer holiday which brings its own hustle and bustle as everyone is trying to get things tidied up for summer, Christmas and the end of the year.

The shops are busy, the temperatures are rising and tempers are fraying. Anyone working in the retail industry can confirm that. The other day in the supermarket there were definitely some grumpy people doing their shopping moaning at any holdup at the checkout. You know, it is what it is and there just isn't any point getting all grumpy, bitter and twisted about it. We just need to be thankful that we are here and can enjoy this festive season with our friends and family, so just grin and move on or at least don't moan or grump at those around you.

I enjoy being able to pull out of the cupboard some special things for the Christmas season. Here is a pic of the Christmas stocking that I made last year for our granddaughter. I used the stitch and flip technique for this stocking and others that I have made previously and I like how they turn out.


Some of my other favourites are two canvases that I did a couple of years ago now, they were kits that I purchased from The Apple Basket and are Ngaire William designs and I just love them.



I still have a couple of things to get completed if I can before Christmas, we will just have to see how things unfold around here.

Happy stitching everyone,
Donna-Maree






No comments: