Thursday, December 10, 2015

Progress is slow

My rheumatoid arthritis has flared up again and is making progress very slow. I over did it yesterday moving furniture and doing things on my own that I should have asked help for, however for someone who is fiercely independent it isn't easy to admit that you need some help and you also have to wait until someone is around to give you that helping hand and I can be too impatient for that. I am paying for it today and although there is a lot to do I will be taking it more carefully for a few days. I find by pacing myself and taking rests from that particular activity I can still achieve my goals. I find myself sorting out how I can work smarter rather than working harder more and more these days and it works for me, until I over do it that is.

There is still some sorting to be done in the sewing room as I moved a large white cupboard yesterday from one side of the room to the other as it was too close to the doorway and was restricting access a little bit. There are a couple of little things that I wouldn't mind getting sewn together if I can get to the sewing machine in the next few days. 



I don't know about you but I have a few very special Christmas ornaments and this is one of them. My friend Wendy lived in the USA with her family for a couple of years while her husband studied there. On her return I was gifted this decoration which she had purchased while at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum. Every year when this decoration is placed on my tree I think of Wendy and the special place that she has in my heart. As I sit in the lounge through the festive season and my eye catches that decoration I am reminded of special memories and the connection that we have. I am very grateful for my special friends and the richness that they bring to my life.

This time with Christmas approaching can be very stressful with all of the business that this season brings, but please take some time for yourself even if it is a few stolen moments and remember the things we are grateful for - mine are family, friends and memories.

Until next time, happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree

No comments: