Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas is done for 2015

The dishwasher has been busy, the washing machine is churning out clean sheets and towels and our family have started their long journey home in the steady summer temperatures that we have been experiencing here in Tauranga. 

The house is very quiet now but we all had a fantastic time together over the past week and many memories have been made and I feel incredibly blessed for my family and the quality time we have just shared together. As the time came closer for family to leave I have to confess that I did start thinking about what stitching was waiting for its turn under the needle. 

I did manage to get a little stitching done while everyone was here, sewed on a button that came off in the wash, stitched ribbon back onto a top for my granddaughter plus I did also get some hexies sewn.


Here is a pic of 'Oh, Christmas Trees' hanging on the wall. It was great having it completed in time for Christmas this year, an awesome sense of accomplishment and I do love it's more modern look. The green borders are my own hand dyed fabric which adds to the satisfaction too.


Unfortunately this beauty didn't get quilted in time for Christmas this year but it got put on the wall anyway. Today it is coming down and will be the first thing on the list to get quilted. I purchased this as a kit at the Taupo Symposium 2013 and can't wait to have this one done.

As always as the year draws near to the end I become very reflective about the experiences that that year has provided, the challenges - the good, the bad and the ugly, and the things I can be thankful for. One of the things that I have been reflecting on in particular, is what has worked for me, what hasn't and what changes I can make to improve things so as to allow for the coming year to be more productive especially in terms of my stitching. 

I do like the quilters planner that I have seen on several blog sites but I have however already sorted my diary for 2016 based on what I used this year. I like a large diary that I can write appointments or time allocation down, important events and things that have to be done. I also like space to put other information in, like what can be sown in the kitchen garden for each month. One of the things that I will be adding this year is my stitching goals, at the moment I have them in another book but think that having them together will mean that everything will be in one place and I will be reminded regularly of my stitching goals. Allocating regular stitching time into my schedule will help with my productivity this coming year too. 

Right now however, I need to get my sewing room back into production mode from being a guest room over the last few days. 

Hope to see you back here soon, happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree



No comments: