Saturday, April 09, 2016

Some hexies are going on...

I am taking a break from my regular hexie project for the moment and are making these hexies.


I made these hexies at club yesterday and continued last night for a little project, I have more to make today until I have what I need. These little cuties are 1 inch while the hexies I am creating for my insanity quilt are 3/4 inch. 

This is how you measure hexies, across one edge



Paper piecing has become very popular at the moment amongst my quilting circles. Like a lot of things it started off with one or two people doing it and now we have a very big following in our local club.  After the official part of our meeting everyone sits around chatting while stitching which makes for a very pleasant day. It is very interesting seeing the variations that everyone is doing, the different sizes, different shapes and while some fussy cut their fabrics others are happy to just cut and sew to get the best economy out of their fabrics. 

I will try and remember to gets some photos at the next meeting to show you the variations.  We had two ladies sit with us yesterday learning the ropes and while a more experienced quilter talked them through the process, the rest of us at the table picked up a tip or two and I love how quilting gives you the opportunity to share and grow while spending quality time with our friends.

I have some more hexies to create if I am going to get this little project completed, so until next time happy stitching everyone.

Donna-Maree



No comments: