Friday, April 01, 2016

Yay, block four is done!

Wow, yesterday I kept chipping away joining segments together and last night at last block four was completed.

Warm off the ironing board I placed it on the floor to get a photo and true to form Frosty the cat ran to it and sat down. What is it about fresh new blocks that makes our fur babies want to sit or lie on them?

Block four with Frosty
This quilt is one of my Top 5 and I am excited seeing the progress on this one. I have had to push myself to keep the momentum going, but I am so glad that I did. There have been times when I thought that I would never get there and these are the times that I would normally put a project aside and work on something else. I am so glad that I have persevered and I think it will be easier to push through like this on the next project too as a result of this one.

Block Four
Although life things have been going on that I have had to work around, I have tried to do some sewing every day. Having the finishing line in sight definitely helped with the last of the hand stitching and not all of the stitches are created equal but they are done. I am indeed one happy lady.

I decided a while ago that I would quilt each of these blocks individually and then join them together. Today I will endeavour to get them batted up, I can't decide which batting to use as this will be a wall hanging, so will think on that while at stitching with friends this morning.

At this stage I have no idea about the quilting for these but are working on the theory that it will come to me as I go - at least I hope so.

All four blocks arranged together
Anyway I want to get this posted and get moving as I have another busy day ahead. I have recently been taking photos on my iPad but have had some feedback as to the poor quality of them, so last night I took photos on the camera which always produces better results however I need to download them on the laptop and add them to this. Let me know if the quality is better or not.

Have an awesome day and happy stitching everyone.

Donna-Maree

1 comment:

Ali Honey said...

Well done! I think Frosty has worked out that things that have just been pressed are going to be warm and he likes that.