Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Some strings are happening

I have been working on some of these to bust some scraps, however it appears the more I use, the more I end up with!


I have been working on the quilting for Home Coming Lane lately but decided to work on something else over the weekend at our UFO weekend at club as I need to concentrate too much for machine quilting, especially as this quilt is going on the wall. Some easy stitching while chatting with friends was what I was after, and QAYG strings are just the ticket.

Since the weekend I have decided I need just a few more to get enough squares for a decent size throw or lap quilt. 



So I have been sewing away and the end is in sight and I am looking forward to joining these squares together.

Oops, nearly forgot these blocks weren't the only thing that I did over the weekend. I found this UFO from a class at my first ever Symposium, Auckland 2005. These were from a log cabin with attitude class with Janice Gunner from the UK where we were encouraged to cut fabric without a ruler. One square was complete while the other two just had the centres completed. I decided to get these squares completed before making a final decision as to what to do with them.



However more on that soon, but in the meantime some stitching is calling my name. 

Happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree



1 comment:

Leeann said...

You got lots done over the weekend. Maybe the log cabins could become a table runner? I pieced and added the last border on my double nine patch quilt. Will post it next week as I still have Show posts scheduled.