Sunday, May 20, 2012

Introducing Wilson

I always find it interesting how things come to pass. 


For those of you who have read my blog before, you will know of Bentley - my daughters cat/kitten who was staying with us for a couple of months while his mum and dad were moving to Perth and getting themselves sorted. Well Bentley has recovered from the long flight to Perth and has settled in well which is awesome considering that it is a lot warmer over there than here at the moment. (When I am feeling cold, I wish I was there as well.)


Bentley is such a special kitten/cat and it appears that there isn't anyone that hasn't come in contact with him that their life or attitudes haven't changed. 


My mother has been catless since her lovely Bluebell - called Blue passed on, which has been a little while now. Mum has been adamant since then, that she will not ever have another cat. When Bentley went to Perth, mum was making mutterings about getting another cat, then she would change her mind. Mum changing her mind back and forth went on for about a week - maybe longer. Anyway to cut a long story short and after checking out the local petshops, SPCA and Trade Me, mum announced that she definitely didn't want a cat. So it came as a surprise the next day when mum rang me and announced that she had indeed bought a cat. That is, if she didn't change her mind in the next 24 hours.


Thursday last week saw us travelling to Warkworth where we met my sister, who had agreed to collect the new cat in West Auckland and meet us in Warkworth which is halfway from home. It was also a good excuse to meet for lunch and have some mum and daughter/sister time. So we set off for home after saying goodbye to my sister with the little bundle secure in a cat cage that we had taken with us.


The discussion of names of course was prime topic of conversation and many suggestions were made. Buster was a consideration as he had busted out of the cardboard box that he had been secured in for the trip to Warkworth.


See what I mean - here is the little guy trying to get out of the box!

But mum couldn't picture herself calling 'here Buster', so there were many other considerations for names for this cat kitten. He is a very affectionate little thing, purrs at the drop of a hat and is a very pretty wee thing - if you can say that about a little male kitten. Mum wanted something that would reflect who he was without embarrassing her when she is calling his name outside where the neighbours can hear!

After much discussion, mum settled on Wilson and so Wilson he is. Wilson is appropriate as mum's mothers maiden name was Wilson. Little Wilson has settled in really well and is definitely making his mark on my mothers household. I am really pleased for mum and are happy about her having company 24/7 now.

Of course I have to visit to see how much he is growing and to get my fair share of cuddles. Here are some pics of the little guy.
Here is mum with Wilson, he is such a baby kitty cat.

Wilson just loves to play!

I really struggled to get shots of him - he was moving so fast.

There is nothing like seeing babies of any kind growing up and developing. I am going to enjoy sharing these things with my mum.

I will keep you posted of Wilson's progress - but promise not to bore you.

Until next time, happy stitching everyone.
Cheers
Donna-Maree

Mmmnn I wonder if Wilson will come and visit soon?





No comments: