Monday, May 14, 2012

Photos at last...

Good morning everyone.


We have woken to a grey dark rainy day which apparently is going to get steadily worse. You can tell it is going to be a yucky day when the cats come inside early and stay in, which is exactly what they have done today.


I hope that your Mother's Day yesterday was a good one and that you were all treated well and rather spoilt really. 


Like I said yesterday I had a cuppa in bed, a cooked breakfast and dinner cooked for me as well. My son and his friend turned up just in time for breakfast (pure coincidence, however very well timed!). I got Happy Mother's Day wishes from my eldest daughter who is currently living in Perth (Bentley's mum) which was very nice and the youngest daughter helped dad with the cooking all day which included a chocolate and ginger tart, that was to die for!


My mother joined us in the late afternoon and stayed for dinner, which was very nice. We got a chance to just chill and visit with each other which doesn't normally happen when I am the one doing the cooking when she comes over for dinner.


The best Mother's Day gift that I got yesterday (sorry family if this offends you - it isn't intended to) was the receipt of an email containing my registration details for the Taupo Symposium 2013. Check out this link for more information - Taupo Symposium 2013 it is definitely worth a look.


I have only recently registered for this while most of my friends registered last year. Anyway I am still very pleased with my registration number. Definitely lower than I had anticipated. So yes I have made a commitment to receiving more information, have checked out the tutors from here in New Zealand, Australia and those from further afield. A group of us have already booked our accommodation - so it is definitely in my diary for 2013.


Okay here is a photo of the first scarf that I have knitted and it is just beautiful, both in the colours that it contains but also to feel. I have to confess to being extravagant and spoiling myself. The yarn for this scarf is kid mohair and silk - it is just gorgeous. The yarn is so fine, it took me quite a bit longer to knit this than what I had anticipated. However it was definitely worth the wait.

This is the scarf that I am currently knitting (that I mentioned in the earlier post). Again the colours are just gorgeous and with the blue you can definitely see the difference of the two balls, however in places when the colours on both balls are very similar it gets a little more difficult. These scarves are incredibly warm, not that I have had a chance to wear them yet, although with them sitting on my knee as I am knitting them, it is just heavenly.

Anyway until next time,
happy stitching everyone.
Donna-Maree

No comments: