Friday, June 03, 2016

May update

Wow here we are in June and it is time for the May update. The temperatures have dropped considerably in the last week and especially the last couple of mornings have been very cool.


Frosty enjoying the morning sunshine streaming through the lounge window.

Reading back through the posts for May it doesn't appear that much has been happening, but that is so far from the truth as there has been a lot of sewing going on, I just haven't been blogging about it all yet.

Aotearoa Quilters had their Great New Zealand quilt show in Rotorua with a fantastic display of quilts including the Flight challenge and most of the past Symposia winners. Several of my friends had quilts in the show and it is always lovely seeing their work on display like that. 

Melanie Martin's quilt - Is it art?
Tauranga Patchwork and Quilters club had their retreat as well which was a complete blast. Saturday's class was very successful and some quilt tops have been completed since then.

Denise's quilt being assembled


Denise's quilt top complete
My quilt top - sorting the layout

and completed.

Blue version I have done also.


I love how all these quilts look completely different with the use of colour. Also to change them up you can choose to use different colours for the "T's" or the one colour like in the blue quilt. I quite like the 3D effect that using the one colour gives the quilt. Both the purple and blue quilts of mine are for special gifts and I am going to find it very hard to gift them as I love them both so much. I just may have to create one for myself.

May has been a busy behind the scenes kind of month but all will be revealed in good time. You might just have to check back to see what else I have been up to, until then happy stitching everyone.

Donna-Maree
    


No comments: