Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Sick and on the couch...

I am not a happy camper, I am not well and have no energy to do anything. I have been on a bit of a roll lately and so this slow phase isn't good.

We had our youngest daughter home for the weekend and I squeezed a little bit of stitching in but we generally just had family time over the weekend, it being Queens Birthday weekend here in New Zealand.

Mount Maunganui beach on Monday as we enjoyed the fresh air and sunshine.

Yesterday I did the last bit of quilting on the blue gridlock quilt and then managed to get the binding sewn on. My plan was to get the purple and green quilt ready for quilting today, but it just hasn't happened. 

It has been many years since I have had the flu and I am not nice to be around at the moment. I am grumpy, sore, frustrated and did I mention lethargic. I am hoping (as I am sure my hubby is too) that I recover quickly.

My pal has sat with me for part of the day and I do enjoy his company, he is a true treasure.

My pal, Frosty.

Today is also my motherinlaws birthday and I had intended to visit this morning with some flowers, but it will have to wait until I am better as I don't want to pass this on to anyone.

Take care everyone and stay healthy and well. See you back here soon, in the meantime happy stitching.

Donna-Maree

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon, sounds like your body is telling you to slow down. Take care

Donna-Maree said...

Thanks Gail. I am listening to my body and anything that I get done is a bonus.