Wednesday, June 22, 2016

President's Challenge 2016

Our President, Denise asked me to assist her with the challenge this year and it has been an interesting opportunity and having never done anything like this before I have learnt so much.

This is the week that our Presidents Challenges need to be handed in and at club last night we had quite a few of them handed in and it is so exciting.

It is exciting seeing our members step outside of their comfort zones and enter this challenge especially if it is for the first time. I have only entered two challenges to date, both being here in Tauranga in the last couple of years and I totally understand about participating in something like this and the challenges that every entry entails in its creative process.

It is also very exciting seeing what everyone has done, the designs, the ideas, the inspiration behind all of the creations. Let me just say, that I am incredibly grateful that I am not judging them.

Friday is the last day for entries to be handed in and it will be here quick enough. In July we will have an evening where all the entries will be on display and the results will be announced. Hopefully all the entries will also be available for display again in October when our club has our open weekend.

While I can't show you any pics of the entries yet, here is a pic of my last challenge entry from 2015.

2015 challenge entry


It is definitely an inside kind of day here in Tauranga today and I have a sewing room that desperately needs some attention, so until next time, happy stitching everyone.

Donna-Maree



No comments: