Friday, June 10, 2016

Quiet productive time

Well I don't have the flu - I have sinus and ear infections and now that I have been to the doctor I have antibiotics and things are improving, slowly. 

Thankfully my mental capacity has been better today, so I have spent some time getting some projects sorted and planned.

Getting background squares sorted for 'That Town and Country Quilt' that I am doing through Gourmet Quilter designed by Susan-Claire Mayfield. 

I find the Fiskars ruler with attached cutter fantastic and makes quick work of getting the squares cut and saves my wrists. I am behind on this project but are okay with that as I have a plan and know that it will have its day.

This orchid is delighting us with flowers at the moment, it is very special as it was my poppa's orchid and I have fond memories of him looking after them in his shade house when I was a child. It is like having a little piece of him here with us, hopefully some of the other orchids of his in the garden will flower this season too.

Check back soon to check out what I get up to over the weekend. Happy stitching.

Donna-Maree 

No comments: